Okay-I'd like to thank Mechelle and Merrianne for choosing me in the tag game of weird and random facts! I have so much to share...but where do I start? My eight siblings could SHOUT them out to you. But I'll ponder the special "gifts" I have and list them in an orderly fashion.
1. Lets see...I hope to one day work in a funeral home-embalming bodies. My neighbor, Brother Boyer, owns a funeral home here in town. When he worked on the scout committee with my husband, they had meetings here at our house :) I did mention my dream job...and he told me I needed to to study the Art of: Funeral Home Directing. Alas, our university has no program like this. My husband says maybe when I'm older :( yeah-like when I'm ready to kick the bucket?)
2. I just asked my kids what I should list here...they said I have too many rules and that I blog too much! Yeah-I'm not one for eating all over the house or leaving dishes out for days. Strict ways of handling housecleaning :) Blogging? Well, it's my way of not going out to spend money$.
3. I love true crime. Ann Rule is my favorite author and she is one person I hope to meet one day-along with Donny Osmond. I have EVERY book of hers. One time, I emailed her and told her I'm her biggest Eskimo fan out in the true crime community! She wrote me back and told me to send her all my books to autograph-for FREE!! I told her when I can afford the shipping on two cases of paperbacks :)
4. I think of numbers as people. When I tell my family this-they try and put me in a straight jacket. Each number is either male or female, young or old, married or single. Example: One is a man, married to two (middle-aged female), and their baby is three! It goes on and on...my son, Nick just asked me,"What's seven?". Seven is a teenager...six is his girlfriend. I have seen these number people in my mind since grade school-and thought everyone knew this!
5. I was the only one in my family(nine kids) to get braces on my teeth growing up. I was missing a front tooth for years, when my bestfriend-Kathleen found me at Ricks College. She was missing the same tooth and had braces too. She took me to her orthodontist...and he attached a fake tooth to my braces! (This was one of the happiest days of my life) I have worn a retainer now-with this tooth for about 24 years. Freaky huh?
6. I grew up in Alaska, but moved to Tulsa in my senior year of highschool. My dad put a BIG swimming pool in our front yard and every kid on the block made friends with us! My sisters and I sat outside and tanned all day :) I had tonsof bathing suits! I can still smell the chlorine...
7. I hate the light on when I take a bath. I like it dark and quiet :) I sit in my jetted-tub and read books by candle light. It reminds me of living on the homestead in Alaska (my mom's cabin). The power from the generator would stop running and we would light kerosene lanterns. Then we would tip toe around in the dark-so we wouldn't wake the baby. All the bathwater was warmed on the stove...and we'd wash dishes and then dump the water in the bathtub. Funny!
*So, there ya' have it, more news than you dreamed you get! Thanks for going down memory lane with me today. I'm off to find more blogs to read! Have a super-Saturday :) Seven people that I tag? Susan, Lyla, Shelle, Spencer, Amy, Lisa Loo and Pam!