Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update on My son




Well, we made it through the night...with very little sleep. My son and I watched our favorite shows till after 2 a.m. So, we are dragging now! I took him in to see the pediatrician right when the doors opened, and it was a huge job to get get him in the car and then into the building. I had him wrapped from head to toe in saran wrap and polysporin :) This photo is from last night in my bathroom. My husband is scrubbing him down :(

When the doctor and nurses saw him in the hallway...he became the new Show and Tell for the day! We had everyone squeeze into the room to see the poor kid with bloody arms and legs. It took three nurses to cut off the bandages and start cleaning the wounds again. They were all cute nurses so he hardly made a peep till they all left the room...then he collapsed in the chair and said he felt like puking :) I had a good laugh! I know-what kind of crazy mom am I? (The kind who wonders whether her son will learn anything from this experience).

11 comments:

Blogging and Bliss said...

Dolly you can always hope...

Pancake said...

poor guy, you can hope they learn....

Anonymous said...

wow Dolly! your poor son! i hope his wounds heal quickly!!!!!

and i hope he learned his lesson!

The Stay At Home Son said...

Oh my gosh, Dolly! In that photo Nick looks JUST like Xander -- Right down to the boxers and jeans hanging low! (He refuses to wear anything but boxes, actually). Glad he's doing better. So what did they do at the doctor's office? Did they give him advil or tylenol and lts of bandages? (uh, I should probably know just in case, you know?)

ginger said...

Thank goodness for cute nurses. Hope he gets feeling better soon.

Rhonda said...

Here's to hoping he learned a lesson!!!

Did the Dr's do anything new or different for him? Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Mikki said...

(wince) The thought of your hubby scrubbing him down just makes me cringe. Ugh!!! Hope you get more rest tonight.

chelle said...

Pain is a very powerful teaching tool!!!! He will learn something. Will it be enough? Maybe. M

Jan said...

Dolly? I am just catching up here. Poor guy. That looks terribly painful. I hope he recovers really quickly. We all learn the hard way sometimes. Ouchie wawa....

Lisa Loo said...

I'm glad someone elses husband does the "scrubbing down" too. That IS too funny about the cute nurses and the guys will put up with to impress them. I hear you on the--will they learn--thing--parenting is just so dang tricky! Hope things are going okay for you now--how is he doing? How are YOU doing?

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I hope he's doing better now. He'll be in my prayers!