Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sending Thank You's

My son's wedding reception was really fun-and we were able to spend time with his new bride's family. I was so happy to see so many of our family friends from our little town. (We've been here for eighteen years!) When I was filling out addresses for the announcements, I just kept thinking of all the people that have helped us raise this troop of kids. So many Ward-Lists were needed, and then I progressed to the phonebook. I still see people and faces when I'm shopping and surfing on-line...that I need to say thank you to-for helping us keep smiling through years of scout camp and pine wood derby races. Teachers, who stayed up late preparing for a long day with a room full of chatter-boxes. Bus-drivers who let my son sit with his best friend all the way home. Next door neighbors, who had weekend sleepovers all summer long, and relatives who sent birthday cards year after year. Wow!-the list of special friends and patient parents go on and on. Thank you to so many people. It takes so many people to make a difference in a child's life.

I also want to thank my new daughter in-law, for loving our son...as much as we do, and even more. I pass the baton on to her. She must be full of patience and huge amounts of kindness. Casanova is still in the cater-piller/butterfly stage. Only half baked, and in need of a couple more years of maturing. They'll have to raise themselves through this next stage. There won't be a mission president to remind him of the best two years of serving the Lord. There won't be college dorm rooms to sneak back into late at night. Those chapters are missing from this story, but I'm sure they'll figure out the grocery shopping secrets and the need for a bounce sheet in the dryer. Pretty smart kids! Cute as buttons too...

Thank you to my walking buddy for getting me into shape for this big party. I thought about this every morning at five a.m. It gets kinda painful walking through wind, rain and snow. I knew that my camera would be catching these moments though.

I'm slowly gearing up for summer fun with my younger kids. We have a temporarily unemployed Dad. He's been home for a couple weeks now. We have a very clean garage, fridge and laundry room now. We all wonder what this new change in our lives will be! Will we stay here in this house? Will we have to move? Stay tuned folks...


2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I sure hope you get to stay here. We love your family!

Blogging and Bliss said...

Sorry to hear about the unrest. I hope things work out for you guys. Great post Dolly. I think you managed to make yourself look very good!