Monday, September 8, 2008

Europe



I've discovered on my brother's blog, a cool web-site called, "Babel Fish". When you log into their web-page, you can put in a URL address of any newspaper in the world and this program will translate the news for you!

I just wrote a letter to Elder in German, copied it to an email, and told him that I'd been practicing my German lately :) ♥ I asked him to read it and translate it back to me.

I hope you'll try this out like me...I found an article -all about kids learning to read and write for the newspaper. These children will be able have the paper delivered to their homes and help find stories to write about. What a great idea- for this elementary school and local newspaper to share with their community. *I can also, now see what's up in the world...

5 comments:

chelle said...

This is so interesting. I will log on and give it a try.

I would be happy to work on your header. Can you send me the drawing your brother did for you? My email is: gr8photos@hotmail.com


I will see what I can do. M

Anonymous said...

That is a Neat SITE!!!

and I am glad you got my invite to my priavet blog. You were asking about how to make it private...

go to SETTINGS {click}
go to PERMISSIONS {click}
go to ONLY PEOPLE I CHOOSE {click}
go to ADD READERS {click}--that is where you type in their email addresses.

VIOLA--you're private!

Christine B. said...

HERE IS A WEBCAM LOIVE FROPM AARAU YOU WILL FIND IT IN MY SWISS BLOG AS WELL...
http://www.swisswebcams.ch/english/popup_zoom.php?wid=1074941913

AND BY THE WAY I USED YOUR WEIGHT CHART AS I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW i AM SERIOUS, I CAN NO LONGER HAVE THE US HABIT OF EATING THE WRONG FOOD AND WANT TO LOOK LIKE A REAL SWISS AS I AM. swissmiss

Mikki said...

how cool is that? I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks!
Way to go on the push-ups! You've got me beat! :o)

*MARY* said...

I'll have to go check out some Chinese news (my husbands from Beijing) even though I'm sure all the news will say "Everything here in China is going well, nothing new to report, long live Chairman Mao!"