Monday, August 2, 2010

Strong Spirits

Our new home has lots of fabulous friends for us to get to know better. We've just met an awesome family in our new ward (their daughter is in my primary class now). The mom's name is Holly Gooch (She blogs also) and the eldest son, Spencer has cancer. I just read his baptismal story-and it's pretty amazing! Our whole ward is very supportive and the primary organization absolutely rallies around this cute boy. 


Another amazing story here, is about one of my friends from Southern Utah. We worked together at the Family Support Center-giving respite to adoptive/foster care families in our area. She was attending school in 

Provo, and was attacked while on her way to class a few months ago. My friends from facebook sent me links to her story-and I was absolutely stunned with shock. This friend, had been writing to me earlier in the year -and she had planned to make a career out of modeling.She really is such a beautiful girl!! People all over Utah have been so supportive of her story now-and have set up accounts to help her family with the medical expenses building up. I was so touched with the messages her family wrote each day-updating us on her progress. We were all cheering when they'd say she was healing from the physical trauma her poor body experienced. She's back home now and such a ray of sunshine to all those around her. I feel super lucky to know this young girl-and witness the miracles of her life now.


2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I appreciate the stories you shared today. What would we do if we didn't have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know because of many experiences that faith proceeds the miracle.
Blessings and hugs to you! LeAnn

Jenny said...

I wish I could reach out and hug them just to let them know how much I admire them. Thanks for sharing.