1. I'm so thankful for a my sister's continuing improvement in health. She still needs a dental apt. but that's going to be soon. She told me yesterday that she and her hubby will be coming to visit my family soon. That gives us both a goal and something to look forward to in March.
2. I'm jumping for joy that my eldest son has found a wonderful girlfriend! He's been home a year from his mission and has dated lots of cute girls, and this latest one has already paid us a visit (last weekend). What a blessing it would be to have another daughter in law. The blessings continue to flow.
3. My hubby and I just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary this month-♥ We were touched that our three youngest kids gave us a scenic portrait of themselves as a gift. *Very awesome surprise! It was so good to have our eldest son come see us from college too. Great weekend.
4. I love how laid-back and "down to earth" my new RS presidency is:) Of course, we wear our standard dresses for church, but it's not to show off or give an air of superiority over anyone. These sisters are more than "saints" in my book-they have all thoughts and hopes of kindness for every person in the ward.
5. I love finding friends from old wards and neighborhoods here on the internet. I count my daily blessings that their name shows up...and we connect once again! We catch up on life and kids...it's such a feel good moment. It's a real miracle in my life-connecting with my past.
6. I thank my Heavenly Father that my mother and I are truly friends once again. We have been neighbors for many many years- in every little city we've ever lived in. Over the past couple of years, we were too close for comfort though, being right next door to each other. *Now, we call and talk several times a week and I feel so much closer to her somehow. It's true that distance makes the heart grow fonder.
7. I feel such gratitude for my husband's job up here in Salt Lake. When so many people are out of work or hurting for better pay...we acknowledge the generosity from Heavenly Father. He has opened the windows of heaven and showered us with this steady job and chance for a better life for our kids. Makes my tears of joy flow...thank you! thank you! thank you:)
8. I love my new neighbors and miss my old neighbors. We have incredibly talented friends who inspire us to reach for the stars and keep working hard each day. My new neighbor, Sandy owns a housecleaning business here in this area. One morning, I noticed her advertising on her car and thought to myself...Dolly why have you not gotten your floral business licence yet? That very day- I drove over and filled out the paperwork at the city offices. The lady asked me what I wanted to call my flower shop? I said, "Hmmm...I'll call it Hello Dolly". She smiled and said "Great choice!".
9. I love my husband for supporting me in all my new adventures. He's helping me discover new talents and new ideas. When I need someone to talk to...his name is first on the list. We really are best-friends and romantic partners for eternity. I love my man so much!
10. Last on my love list today is that...I feel so happy to have finally found the perfect dress to wear each week to the temple. It was an anniversary gift from my love...and he picked the very best one. It has a full "ruffled ballerina" lace skirt...and a fitted white blouse with ruffles on the sleeves and bodice. It feels good and I'm so comfortable wearing it too. I can't wait to show my mom this dress...it's that cute! *White Elegance