You know how life gets crazy, and you just want things to slow down a tad sometimes? Well, my daily schedule has changed for just a few hours-and I'm very grateful to my boss for letting me rest and slow down today.
My kids have been sick, and I was able to stay home and get them to the doctors last week. And, now it's my turn. I took myself to see the doctor yesterday and got an antibiotic to get me back on my feet. When I took my prescription in (there's a pharmacy at my work)...my boss offered to bring my kids dinner! She is totally the best boss ever. I seriously was so exhausted, from lack of sleep and chasing kids, that I had just planned to let them eat cereal:) What a huge difference a couple pizzas and bottle of root-beer can make. My kids even cleaned the livingroom before she dropped their food off. They were so happy to have company and to eat (something other than breakfast). Bless her heart-♥
Now, I'm staying in bed, but tackling the long list of things I've been meaning to do lately...before the holidays get here and the year is actually over.
- Change the multi-colored lights on my tree to just white lights
- Find my kids baby books out in the garage (later tonight)
- Round up the Christmas decorations from downstairs (with my kids help)
- Decide how I'm decorating Elder's room before he gets home (which room will he use?)
- Find a "home" for all the stuff on my dresser and night stand
- and...try and take a nap before my free-day is OVER:) I think...I need one now!